- Bugei Federation Divisions:
- Koryu Bujutsu: follow tradition of presentation and uniform – keep historical records of different techniques
- Gendai Bujutsu / Budo: Karate-do, Judo, Aikido
- New Age – Bujutsu / Budo: Mixed martial arts. Kava maga
- Shibata-ryu – mixture of old and new
The new Ninshido Bugei Federation divisions have been established to take in the whole spectrum of martial arts that are mostly based on the Japanese perspective.
- The Koryu Bujutsu division is not a direct link to any particular Ryuha. The Koryu divison is our interpretation of the many styles of old school martial art traditions and techniques of that predate the Meiji Restoration. It is our intent to make an historical record of our research and to present our findings as close to the original as possible.
- The Gendai Bujutsu division is the largest group. This group includes direct and indirect links to the Budo arts of Aikido, Judo, Karate-do and others that were established after the Meiji Restoration (1866–1869)
- New Age Martial Arts: This division includes many modern day martial arts such as: MMA / Mixed Martial Arts, Kava Maga and others
- Shibata-ryu: is a mixture of both the old and the new in order to stay current with the needs of society but with a historical perspective.